Top | Summer Recipes
Avocado from Mexico, Orange and Watercress Salad
(recipe, Avocados From Mexico)
Avocados from Mexico makes salads sing! Make a sensational summer salad with these tasty ingredients!
- 2 fully ripened avocados from Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups loosely packed watercress sprigs
- ¼ cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 lb. cooked medium to large peeled, deveined shrimp or 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 4 hearts of palm, quartered lengthwise (from a 14.10-ounce jar), optional
- Citrus Vinaigrette (recipe follows),
- In a bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of the Citrus Vinaigrette with the watercress; toss and divide among four plates.
- Sprinkle almonds on top.
- Arrange avocado and orange slices, shrimp and hearts of palm on greens; drizzle with some of the dressing.
- Pass the remaining dressing.
- Citrus Vinaigrette: In a small saucepan, simmer 1cup orange juice until reduced to about ⅔ cup; set aside to cool. In a blender, combine ¼ cup lemon juice, ¼ cup white vinegar, 1 tablespoon honey, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Add the cooled orange juice and blend. With the motor running, gradually add ½ cup canola or other vegetable oil and blend until combined.