Top | Summer Recipes
Spicy Roasted Corn, Avocado and Chicken Salad
(recipe, Avocados From Mexico)
Share this delicious dish at Summer time gatherings with family and friends. It’s guaranteed to be a hit and a refreshing addition to the menu!
- 2 fully ripened avocados from Mexico, halved, pitted and peeled
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 4 ears fresh super sweet corn, husk and silk removed
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken (about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup sliced radishes
- Spicy Salad Dressing, recipe follows
- 4 cups mixed salad greens in bite-sized pieces
- Preheat broiler to high.
- In a small cup, combine lime juice, chili powder and salt.
- Brush corn ears with the seasoning mixture; place on a broiler pan.
- Broil 6 inches from heat source until lightly browned; turn and continue broiling until barely cooked, a total of 7 to 10 minutes. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine, chicken, tomatoes and radishes.
- Cut each avocado into slices then cut slices in half crosswise; add to chicken mixture. Add ¼ cup Spicy Salad Dressing; toss gently.
- Cut two or three ¼-inch slices from each corn ear; set aside.
- Cut remaining corn kernels from the cobs, by holding the ear upright in a shallow bowl so the kernels don’t scatter.
- Divide salad greens among 4 dinner plates.
- Top with the chicken mixture then corn kernels.
- Garnish with reserved corn rounds. Serve with additional dressing, if desired.
- Spicy Salad Dressing: To ½ cup of your favorite vinaigrette dressing, add 1 teaspoon chili powder, and ⅛ teaspoon each ground cumin and ground red pepper (cayenne).