Top | Summer Recipes
(recipe, Avocados From Mexico)
Forget the spread, guac instead! Fresh Guacamole made with Avocados from Mexico makes burgers say “Move over, mayo!”
- For the Guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados from Mexico, peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1 small red, ripe tomato, diced
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Juice of one lime
- 1 jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, finely diced (optional)
- For the Burgers
- 2 lb. ground sirloin, formed into four patties
- 1 tsp. steak seasoning
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 1.0 -oz slices cheddar cheese
- Green leaf lettuce
- 2 ripe, red tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- PREPARE THE GUACAMOLE:
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the avocado, tomato, cilantro, lime juice, salt and jalapeno.
- Stir to combine and then set aside while preparing the burgers.
- PREPARE THE BURGERS:
- Season each patty with steak seasoning on both sides before cooking.
- You can use a skillet, grill pan, or a grill over high heat to cook your burgers to desired degree of doneness.
- When the burgers are almost finished cooking, toast the buns in a toaster oven, a dry skillet, or on the grill.
- Assemble the burgers by layering the bottom half of each bun with leaves of lettuce, a burger patty, a slice of cheese, slices of onion, and slices of tomato.
- Top with a generous scoop of guacamole, and cover with bun.