Top | Newsletter featured recipes
(recipe, Hillsdale Farmers' Market)
Gazpacho is a popular cold summer soup from Spain. There are many variations. Below is a pretty simple one.
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1 medium red onion, peeled
- 2 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 3 to 4 Tbsp. sherry vinegar or white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Place the vegetables in a large food processor. Process at high for 1 minute until you have achieved a smooth sauce-like texture. Add the salt, pepper and vinegar. Pulse to incorporate.
- While the processor is running, open the feeder top and drizzle in the oil. Chill soup until ready to serve.