Top | WFM Recipes
Grilled Rosemary Marinated Shoulder Tenderloin of Beef with Charred Tomato Salsa and Chimichurri Sauce
(recipe, Williamsburg Farmers Market)
Chef Rhys Lewis, Chef Keith Nickerson and Chef Justin Addison of The Williamsburg Lodge presented this dish at the Chef's Tent at the Market on June 10, 2010.
- FOR THE BEEF
- 1 &½ lbs Beef Shoulder Tenderloin
- 3 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary, stemmed and chopped fine
- 3 Sprigs Fresh Thyme, stemmed and chopped fine
- 3 Sprigs Fresh Mint, stemmed and chopped fine
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, Peeled chopped fine
- ¼ cup olive Oil
- Kosher Salt & Pepper
- FOR THE SALSA
- 2 Beefsteak Tomatoes
- 1 Yellow tomatoes
- 1 Anaheim Chili-fresh
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Jalapeño, seeded and chopped fine
- ¼ Spanish onion, peeled and diced fine
- ¼ Bunch Cilantro, stemmed and chopped fine
- 1 Lime, squeezed for juice
- 1 tsp. Turbinado sugar
- Kosher Salt to taste
- FOR THE CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
- ½ cup Cilantro Leaves- stems removed
- ½ cup Packed Italian Parsley- Stemmed
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Jalapeno–Seeded
- 1 Tbsp. -Dry Oregano
- ½ cup White Vinegar
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- BEEF: Combine the rosemary, thyme, mint garlic and olive oil to create a marinade.
- Marinate the Beef in the marinade, season it with salt and reserve it chilled until needed.
- Flash grill the beef on a preheated grill until the beef reaches the desired doneness, and reserve it in a warm place to allow the meat to rest for 15 minutes.
- Serve it with the Charred Tomato Salsa and the Chimichurri sauce.
- SALSA: Cut the tomatoes in half and toss lightly in olive oil.
- Place on a preheated grill and grill until the skins of the tomatoes are charred.
- Toss the Anaheim Chili in olive oil and char on the broiler until the skin is charred, cover and peel and remove the seeds, dice finely.
- Peel the tomatoes and dice finely.
- Combine the tomatoes, Anaheim chili, jalapeno, Spanish onion, Cilantro,
- Lime juice, and Turbinado sugar, and blend lightly.
- Season with Kosher salt and serve chilled.
- SAUCE: Combine the cilantro, parsley, jalapeno, and garlic in a Robot Coupe and chop 1-2 minutes.
- Add the Olive oil, dry oregano and kosher salt and chop and additional minute.
- Add the vinegar and pulse to incorporate.
- Reserve chilled and serve with grilled meat.