Top | Raw
(recipe, Carrie Stewart)
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for a few hours)
- 1 red bell pepper (de-seeded)
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice (juice of ½ a lemon)
- 3 Tbsp. Nutritional Yeast aka Nooch (use 2 Tbsp if you want them milder and less cheesy)
- ½ Tbsp. Salt
- Dash Black Pepper
- Blend all these ingredients together until smooth in your blender. I processed my cashews for 30 secs alone, first. But not necessary.
- Wash and de-stem one large bunch of kale and tear into pieces and pour the mixture on top
- Massage in with your hands & Put on Teflex lined screens to Dehydrate
- (last time I made them I didn't have my Teflex screen liners and let's just say the chip coating mixture leaked everywhere. Not so fun. I was way more prepared today!)
- It has been suggested to dehydrate at 105 F for 12 hours. I have a tendency to dehydrate a little warmer and for less amount of time, but that's because I am impatient and want to start munchin' my chips!