Top | Raw
Raw Rosemary Crackers
(recipe, Carrie Stewart)
- 2 cups almonds, soaked 8 hours, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup whole golden flax seed, ground after measure
- 1 cup fresh water
- ¼ to ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. fresh rosemary
- ½ to 1 tsp. salt
- Additional rosemary for top of crackers, optional
- 1. In food processor fitted with "S" blade, process almonds until coarsely ground.
- 2. Add nutritional yeast, flax, rosemary, and salt, and process until combined. Adjust seasonings as desired.
- 3. With machine running, pour in water to form dough. Let mixture stand a few minutes to thicken if it seems too wet
- 4. Divide mixture in half and roll out onto 2 teflex sheets, sprinkle with additional rosemary if desired, and score into crackers. These are scored into 1" and ¼" crackers. Check my post about making breads and crackers for some helpful tips:)
- 5. Dehydrate at 112 degrees for about 8 hours, flipping about halfway through. Drying time depends on thickness of crackers.
- 6. Store in glass jars for several weeks.
- This is a very forgiving cracker recipe. It will work with more or less flax seed, rosemary, yeast and salt according to your personal preference:) These are also excellent using different herb blends, especially Italian mixed herbs or Herbes de Provence.