Top | Crockpot
(recipe, Carrie Stewart)
- * 2 tablespoons olive oil
- * 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- * 1 medium onion, chopped
- * 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- * 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- * ⅛ cup red wine
- * 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- * 1½ teaspoons pepper (or to taste)
- * 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add garlic, sauté until flavor is released, about a minute.
- Sauté onion until softened.
- Stir crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, red wine, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes into crockpot.
- Add onion.
- Cook on low heat 4 hours. (I'm recommending four hours as a median time. It can be cooked more or less--I've made it in two hours, as well as let it cook for up to eight, and it was delicious each time. The original recipe calls for preparation over a stove with the instruction to "simmer until you can't stand it"--so it's really up to you.).