Top | Crockpot
(recipe, Carrie Stewart)
- * 1 Onion, chopped
- * ½ Green pepper, diced
- * 2 Ribs Celery, diced
- * 1 Garlic clove -- minced
- * 1 lb Okra, sliced, fresh, frozen
- * 1 lb Tomatoes, fresh, or canned
- * 2 c Corn, fresh, frozen, canned
- * 1 t Vegetable Bouillon granules
- * ½ c White Grape Juice
- * ½ c Water
- * ¼ ts Tabasco sauce
- * ¼ ts Paprika
- * 2 tb Fresh chopped parsley
- * 1 tb Basil or Rosemary, minced
- * Vegetable coating spray
- In a large heavy stew pot, place bouillon and ½ C white grape juice, onion, green pepper, celery garlic, cook until tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Add other ingredients, cook over low heat, stirring occasionally to keep from sticking to bottom.
- Cover and simmer gently until corn and okra are done.
- (or simmer in crockpot 6-7 hours)
- Cut fresh corn from cob with a sharp knife, then scrape the remaining corn off the cob.
- Four ears will make about two cups.
- If you use dried herbs, rub them with the palms of your hands before adding to the pot, this releases their aroma and goodness.