Top | WFM Recipes
Grilled Corn, Tomato, and Red Potato Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
(recipe, Williamsburg Farmers Market)
Chef Patrick Day of Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center will present this dish and samples at the chef's tent on Saturday, June 26, 2010.
- FOR THE SALAD
- 4 Ears Corn on the Cob
- ½ pt. Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 4 oz. Small Red Potatoes Quartered
- 6 leaves Basil Chiffonade for garnish
- FOR THE VINAIGRETTE
- 4 oz. Fresh Basil
- ½ tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 oz. Champagne Vinegar
- 4 oz. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Clean Corn cobs and rub with Olive Oil, Salt, and Pepper.
- Place on grill over indirect heat, turning occasionally until slightly colored. If grill is unavailable, roast in a hot oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes until slightly colored.
- Remove from heat and cut kernels off husk and place in mixing bowl.
- Place potatoes in a small pot of cold water. Bring to boil and boil for about 6 minutes or until the potatoes are tender but not mushy. Drain and add to mixing bowl with corn.
- Add cherry tomatoes to mixing bowl and basil chiffonade
- Add vinaigrette a little at a time and toss to coat.
- Loosely cover and place bowl in refrigerator to cool completely 1-2 hours before serving.
- Do not hold for more than 48 hours
- Pairs well with grilled chicken, pork chops, or broiled fish