Top | Jenn Louis
(recipe, Jenn Louis)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. whipping cream
- 2 Castelvetrano olives, pit removed and each olive torn into 2 or 3 pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp. toasted breadcrumbs (homemade; see Note)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees convection, or 375 conventional.
- Crack 2 eggs into a gratin dish, being careful not to break the yolks. Drizzle on the cream, scatter bits of olive around the eggs, and season to taste with freshly ground pepper and kosher salt.
- Bake about 6 minutes, or until the white is set and yolks are very loose. (It may take longer than 6 minutes, but keep in mind, the dish will continue to cook once it's out of the oven.)
- Sprinkle toasted breadcrumbs over the top of each dish. Serve hot.
Here's how Jenn makes breadcrumbs: Remove the crust from a loaf of ciabatta and tear the bread into ½- to 1-inch cubes. Toss with olive oil and a little salt, then toast on a sheet pan at 350 degrees, until dry. Crush with the back of a pan and run through a coarse sieve to eliminate any large pieces. Add some chopped thyme.