Top | Flatlanders Recipes
Rice Dish - Tamale
(recipe, Maria Epp)
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes
- 12 oz. canned corn with liquid
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ cup water
- ⅔ cup rice uncooked (sometimes easier to cook it first)
- Scramble fry first 5 ingredients in frying pan.
- Stir in next 7 and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Top with cheddar cheese, ¾ c sour cream and eat with corn chips.