Top | Sean's Recipes
(recipe, Sean Garvey)
After having 4 impacted wisdom teeth extracted, I had to get creative to get my greens and beans in to the diet without too much chewing. What was supposed to be a Vegetarian Fritatta turned in to a highly textured Wisdomloaf! Turmeric, garlic, and ginger are added for their anti-inflammatory benefits. Overnight refrigeration will create an even more 'meaty' texture!
- 4 servings, baby spinach
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup, refried black beans
- 1 cup, ricotta cheese
- 1 cup, shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- olive oil
- coconut oil
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- Saute chopped garlic and spinach in olive oil.
- Stir in butter.
- Remove heat.
- Stir in refried black beans, ricotta cheese, and salt.
- Add spinach/bean/ricotta mix to food processor and blend.
- Return to pan.
- Stir in 4 eggs and cheddar cheese.
- Season with black pepper, turmeric, and ginger.
- Grease baking pan with coconut oil.
- Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.