Top | WFM Recipes
Kid's Cobb Salad Courtesy of SHIP
(recipe, Williamsburg Farmers Market)
The School Health Initiative Program will be demonstrating this recipe on Saturday, June 12, 2010 at the chef's tent for Children's Day at the Market.
- 1½ cups fresh, local mixed spring greens (spinach, romaine, boston bibb, iceberg, cos, endive, etc.), coarsely chopped or shredded
- 2 oz. chicken, cooked, diced
- ¼ cup carrots, raw, shredded
- ¼ cup tomatoes, raw, diced
- ¼ cp Mexicali corn (or fresh corn from the Farmer’s Market, cut from the cob)
- 1 oz. cheddar (or other) cheese, reduced fat, shredded
- ½ oz. black olives, ripe, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. salad dressing, ranch, low fat
- Bundle, rather than mix, the ingredients on top of the salad greens for kid pleasing presentation. Kids enjoy the chopped and diced, easy-to-eat ingredients. Ranch dressing is a kid fave, but there are many great reduced fat or “lite” choices out there – have a dressing taste test!
- Nutrition Information: 299 calories, 29g protein, 20g carbohydrates, 13g fat, 5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 837 mg sodium, 4g fiber, 348 mg calcium