Top | WFM Recipes
Fresh Strawberry & Asparagus Salad
(recipe, Williamsburg Farmers Market)
This recipe is courtesy of Chef David McClure of Berret's Seafood Restaurant. Enjoy!
- ½ lb. asparagus tips
- ½ lb. strawberries, rinsed & halved
- ½ Vidalia onion, cut in thin strips
- 1 cup olive oil, divided
- kosher salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. bee pollen honey
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ lb. mixed salad greens, cleaned
- ½ cup fresh basil cut in small pieces
- ½ cup sheep's milk cheese
- In a small pot, simmer asparagus tips over low heat in a small amount of water for five minutes. Strain and place on ice to cool.
- Toss asparagus tips, strawberries and onion strips in ½ cup of olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- For the dressing, in a medium bowl, combine Balsamic vinegar, honey and Dijon mustard. Whisk together until incorporated. Slowly add ½ cup olive oil while whisking vigorously.
- Pour dressing over salad greens and toss.
- Place strawberry/asparagus mixture on top of greens, sprinkle with basil and sheep's milk cheese and serve.