Top | Treats
Sivananda Yoga Cookies (Ayurvedic)
(recipe, Carrie Stewart)
- 1 bowl Gluten free/ Buckwheat/ Rye flour
- 3 bowls oats
- ½ bowl of raisin
- ½ bowl dessicated coconut
- ½ bowl sunflower seeds
- 1 bowl of sweetener (or less to taste)
- 1 bowl of ghee/ coconut oil
- water as required
- 1 tsp. each of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt.
- Put all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Add the warmed ghee/oil and enough water to be able to mould into balls with your hands. Press down onto a well-oiled baking tray into a cookie shape, rounding the edges so that the cookie stays together. Push the raisins in so they don’t get singed! Bake at gas mark 6/ 200C for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Leave to cool before serving. Try experimenting with adding goji berries, raw cocoa nibs etc.