Top | WFM Recipes
Williamsburg Lodge's Goat Cheese Cheesecake
(recipe, Williamsburg Farmers Market)
This recipe was a favorite last May when presented at the Chef's Tent by Williamsburg Lodge. Be sure to stock up on Savory “Goats Are Us “Goat Cheese.
- 8 oz. “Goats Are Us” Goat Cheese -Room Temp
- 11 oz. Cream Cheese – Room Temp
- 8 oz. Mascarpone Cheese- Room Temp
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Fresh Thyme, Stemmed and Chopped
- 1 tsp. Fresh Oregano, Stemmed and Chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Rosemary, Stemmed and Chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic, Peeled chopped fine
- ½ tsp. Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp. Pepper
- 2 to 3 medium sized Golden Beets, washed
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. Salad oil
- Kosher Salt
- ½ cup Apple Cider
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- ½ cup Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbpn Golden Angels Apiary Honey
- Kosher Salt and Pepper
- 1 to 2 oz. of Arugula, Washed and patted dry
- 8 leaves Belgian Endive, separated
- Place the cream cheese in the mixing bowl for the table top Hobart Mixer,
- fitted with the paddle.
- Mix on medium speed until smooth and add the goat cheese and paddle 1-2
- minutes, until smooth.
- Crack the eggs into a separate cup and add them one at a time to the cheese
- mixture, stopping to scrape down the bowl.
- Add the rosemary, oregano, thyme, garlic clove, and season with salt and
- pepper, Blend to incorporate the ingredients.
- Add the mascarpone cheese and blend until smooth.
- Line 2oz Stainless Steel molds with saran wrap and pipe the cheesecake
- mixture into the center, and smooth with a knife.
- Cook uncovered at 275 degrees in the oven, 45minutes and allow to cool to
- room temperature.
- This step can be done a day in advance.
- Toss the beets in the salad oil and season with salt. Place on a baking sheet and
- roast at 400 degrees until the beets are tender when poked with a pairing knife
- 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove the beets and cover them allowing them to seam and cool.
- Trim off the outside skin of the beets and cut into match stick sized pieces,
- reserve chilled.
- Combine the Apple Cider, Olive Oil, Cider Vinegar and the Honey and whisk
- to incorporate the ingredients.
- Season to taste with Kosher salt and pepper
- FINAL PRESENTATION:
- Place one of the “Goats Are Us” savory cheese cakes in the center of the plate
- and arrange some of the roasted beets around the cheese cake.
- Make a bundle of the Belgian Endive and the Arugula for each of the cheese
- cakes and place it next the cheese cake on the plate.
- Top with the Golden Angle Apiary Honey Vinaigrette and serve.