Top | WFM Recipes
Parsely Pesto - A Thyme to Plant
(recipe, Williamsburg Farmers Market)
This Pesto was demonstrated live at our market during Herb Day on May 1, 2010 by Nicole Schermerhorn of A Thyme to Plant Herb Farm in Glen Allen, VA.
- 1 clove of garlic
- ¼ cup almonds
- 1 cup of fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- In a food processor or blender, combine garlic and almonds.
- Process for 20 seconds or until chopped.
- Add parsley and process for 30 to 40 seconds or until chopped.
- With motor running, add lemon juice and ¼ cup of olive oil in a steady stream, adding more olive oil until pesto has reached desired consistency.
- Taste and add salt as desired; process 3 seconds to blend.
- Store tightly covered for up to one week in the refrigerator or up to three months in the freezer.