Top | WFM Recipes
Basic Pesto Sauce - A Thyme to Plant
(recipe, Williamsburg Farmers Market)
This Pesto was demonstrated live at our market during Herb Day on May 1, 2010 by Nicole Schermerhorn of A Thyme to Plant Herb Farm in Glen Allen, VA.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 3 large garlic cloves
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp. chopped Italian parsley
- 2 Tbsp. chopped Greek oregano leaves
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Combine herbs, garlic, cheese and nuts in food processor or blender.
- Process until finely ground.
- With machine running, slowly add olive oil.
- Let stand five minutes before using.
- May be stored in the refrigerator for one week.
- Serve over fresh pasta.