Top | Lynne Sampson Curry
(recipe, Lynne Curry)
This bright and mild vinaigrette won’t mask the delicate flavors of tender lettuces like Bibb and mesclun mix. You can make it in advance in a glass jar with a lid to store and shake to remix just before using.
- 1 small shallot, very finely minced
- 3 Tbsp. Champagne vinegar
- ¼ tsp. fine sea salt
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon mild extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of flaky salt, such as Maldon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the shallot, vinegar, and fine sea salt in a jar. Secure the lid and shake until the salt dissolves. Add the olive oil, replace the lid, and shake vigorously until emulsified.
- To dress the salad, place washed and well-dried lettuces in a large mixing bowl. Shake the vinaigrette to remix and drizzle in a few tablespoons at a time, tossing until the lettuce leaves are lightly coated. Sprinkle on a pinch of coarse sea salt for crunch, add freshly ground black pepper to taste, and toss once more before serving immediately.