Top | Personal
Roasted Asparagus with Lemon-Basil "Cream"
(recipe, Anna Conley)
No actual cream, but rather greek or middle-eastern yogurt.
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, washed and trimmed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- olive oil
- ½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt or labneh
- 3 to 4 large basil leaves
- Lemon juice and zest - half a large lemon or all of a small one
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Arrange asparagus in a shallow pan, no more than two deep. Season with salt and black pepper and lightly coat with olive oil. Roast 15 minutes or until tender, turning once during cooking. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Wash basil leaves and remove the big vein in the center. Stack leaves together and roll as tightly as possible. Cut slivers off the end of the roll at an angle with a sharp knife or kitchen scissors.
- Zest the lemon and chop the zest into small bits if needed. Juice lemon.
- Combine yogurt and lemon juice in a bowl, stirring until smooth. Add chopped basil and lemon zest.
- Serve asparagus with the sauce. Garnish with leftover zest and/or small basil leaves if desired.