Top | Things to Try
Roasted Eggplant Spread
(recipe, Carrie Stewart)
- 1 medium eggplant, chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium-small yellow onion, peeled and chopped into quarters
- 3 garlic cloves, whole
- 1 Tbsp. good olive oil
- 1½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste (if desired)
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Stir eggplant, bell pepper, onion and garlic cloves together in a large bowl. Spray or drizzle with olive oil as evenly as possible, stirring a few times to coat. Add salt and pepper and toss.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with Pam. Spread eggplant mixture on it.
- Roast about 25 minutes, and stir once for even browning. Roast an additional 20 minutes, until veggies are cooked through and browned well.
- Let cool a few minutes, so it's not steaming hot anymore.
- Pour veggies into a food processor. Add tomato paste. Pulse a few times to get to the consistency of your liking. Salt and pepper to taste.