Top | Quick and Easy
(recipe, Carrie Stewart)
- 1 can fresh corn or creamed corn
- 1 can organic free-range chicken broth
- ½ cup organic low-fat milk
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 large white mushrooms, chopped
- ½ large vine-ripened tomato, chopped
- 1. Simmer corn, broth, and garlic in a pot, partially covered, for 10 minutes. Stir in the potatoes. Simmer, partially covered, until potatoes are tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Purée.
- 2. Saute onion for a couple minutes on medium (not until transparency, but just before), then add the pureed soup, milk, and onions. Simmer on low for about 8 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in tomatoes.