Top | Bluebird CSA
Happy B'earth Day Strawberry Shortcake
(recipe, Bluebird Farmers Market & CSA)
Earth-to-Table shortcake that comes from farm fresh strawberries and local natural strawberry blossom honey. Celebrate this beautiful earth we all share!
- 2 lb. farm fresh strawberries
- 1 cup whipped cream (sweetened with local strawberry honey)
- ½ cup local honey (divided)
- 2¾ cups all-purpose spelt flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ cup cold butter, cut up
- 2 farm eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 t. cinnamon
- Combine spelt flour, ¼ cup strawberry honey, and baking powder in a large bowl; cut butter into flour mixture until crumbly.
- Whisk eggs, sour cream, and cinnamon until blended; add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Drop dough onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450° for 14 minutes or until golden.
- Slice into halves and layer with strawberries and whipped cream. Drizzle remaining ¼ cup local strawberry honey over shortcake.