Top | Eamon's recipes
(recipe, Eamon Molloy)
This recipe is adapted from a recipe posted on twitter by Maureen Evans (@cookbook).
- 1 lb. fresh spinach, cleaned and stemmed
- 1 cup ricotta, drained
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp. grated Pecorino
- Blanch spinach for about 5 minutes. Drain in a colander and run cold water over spinach to stop cooking. Wring spinach dry and finely chop.
- Combine ricotta, spinach, egg and parmesan in a mixing bowl. Mix well and season to taste.
- Spread flour on work surface. Using wet hands, place one tablespoon of mixture at a time on work surface and roll into a small ball.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt lightly and lower heat to a simmer. Cook the ravioli in small batches until they float, about 2-3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon, let water drain and place in a serving dish. Serve immediately with favorite tomato sauce.