Top | Bluebird Farm-to-School
Strawberry Fields Forever Salad
(recipe, Bluebird Farmers Market & CSA)
Locally grown in Georgia, farm fresh strawberries add a divine sweetness and flavor to this summer salad. Local Strawberry Honey makes a delicious light and lovely dressing! Bluebird Festival on May 8, 2010 benefits Farm-to-School. We dedicate this festival to local farms and 'Strawberry Fields Forever'!! http://www.bluebirdfestival.ning.com
- 1 head of Red leaf or Romaine lettuce
- 12 fresh strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup Georgia pecans, broken into pieces
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- Options: Asparagus snaps, sugar snow peas
- ½ cup local Strawberry Honey (available at Bluebird Market)
- ½ cup extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Combine and toss together the salad ingredients.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking or blending strawberry honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add the oil in a slow stream to emulsify.
- Serve with Georgia pecans and strawberry garnish.