Top | Experimental
Turnip & Spinach Saute
(recipe, Jean Henrich)
Dicing the vegetables small makes for quick cooking and a good mix for serving over rice or quinoa.
- 1 cup short-grain brown rice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 medium turnips, diced
- 2 tsp. no-salt seasoning
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, washed & torn
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ground black pepper
- feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet. Add onion and saute at medium high for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add diced celery, carrots & turnips, plus minced garlic and stir to coat with oil. Sprinkle in no-salt seasoning and saute for 5 to 7 minutes until tender crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans and spinach with water clinging; cover and steam for 5 minutes until spinach wilts, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar and salt & pepper to taste and cook uncovered for 2 minutes.
- Serve over rice and top with feta crumbles.