Top | Fall
(recipe, Michelle D ~ aka Sage)
Cauliflower is one of those vegetables that go from ho-hum to stellar once roasted. The addition of soy sauce and pepper makes for a tasty salty-peppery-sweet snack.
- 16 cups cauliflower, cut into small, even-size florets (from 2 large heads)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. granulated sugar
- Heat the oven to 450°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to coat. Allow to marinate for 20 minutes, tossing cauliflower occasionally.
- Arrange ½ of the cauliflower in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast until tender and slightly blackened, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and repeat with remaining cauliflower. Serve hot or at room temperature.