Top | Newsletter featured recipes
Fettucine with Chard & Mushrooms
(recipe, Hillsdale Farmers' Market)
- 1 lb. mixed fresh mushrooms
- 1 bunch Swiss chard
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. fettucine
- salt and pepper
- 4 Tbsp. grated Parmesan
- Use a damp paper towel to wipe the mushrooms clean. Trim the stems if necessary and slice.
- Set a pot of water to boil. Clean the chard then separate the stalks from the leaves. Once the water boils, add the chard stalks, wait a minute, then add the leaves. Cook until the stalks are tender which should be only a few minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Remove from the colander and chop coarsely.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan on medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms saute about 5 minutes. Lower heat to medium and add chard. Stir together and cook for another 4-5 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain but leave the pasta wet. Add pasta to vegetables. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Toss and serve.