Top | Chicken
(recipe, LB Nichols)
- * 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cut into ¾-inch pieces
- * ½ cup plus 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- * 1 cup canned chicken broth
- * 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- * 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- * 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- * 4 teaspoons sugar
- * ½ cup vegetable oil
- * 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- * 1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
- * 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- * ½ red bell pepper, diced
- * 1tsp chili paste
- * 1tbsp sesame oil
- Place chicken in medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add ½ cup cornstarch and toss until chicken is well coated. Transfer chicken to colander and toss to remove excess cornstarch.
- Place chicken broth in small bowl. Add remaining 3 teaspoons cornstarch and stir until dissolved. Add vinegar, oyster sauce, soy sauce and sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over high heat until oil is very hot, about 5 minutes. Add chicken and fry until just cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer chicken to plate. Pour off oil from skillet, add sesame oil. Add green onions, ginger and garlic, then bell pepper to skillet and stir-fry over high heat until bell pepper is crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Return chicken to skillet; add broth mixture and stir until sauce thickens, about 1 minute.