Top | Chicken
Mexican Chicken Stew
(recipe, LB Nichols)
FoodNetwork.com (Dave Lieberman)
- * 4 tablespoons olive oil
- * 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- * 4 large cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- * 2 jalapenos, seeded and sliced
- * 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- * 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- * 1 (28-ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- * 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- * Few dashes Worcestershire sauce
- * 3 to 4 cups chicken stock
- * 1 lime
- * 1 cup cooked white rice
- * Kosher salt
- * Sour cream, for garnish
- * Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Add garlic and jalapeno and sweat until soft and translucent. Add spices and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant and aromatic. Add tomatoes, chicken, Worcestershire, and stock.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 20 minutes.
- Cut the lime in half, squeeze juice into the pot, and then add the juiced halves as well.
- Add white rice and cook 5 minutes longer to warm rice through. Season, to taste, with salt.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with sour cream and cilantro.