Top | Savory
Chicken Stew with Smoked Paprika
(recipe, Anna Conley)
From the book "Hungry Monkey" www.hungrymonkeybook.com
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1 15.0 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained (I never bother draining, just reduce the sauce at the end.)
- 3 Tbsp. smoked Spanish paprika (sweet)
- ¾ cup red wine
- salt & pepper to taste
- place onion, carrot and celery in the slow cooker
- Add chicken thighs, stacking them in two layers, bone side up.
- add tomatoes, paprika, wine, and salt to taste
- cover and cook over low heat for 5 hours or until chicken is very tender
- remove chicken and most of the tomatoes to a platter
- discard onion, carrot and celery
- bring liquid to a boil and reduce to less than 1 cup.
- Add pepper to taste
- Serve chicken with mashed potatoes and reduced braising liquid for drizzling.