Top | Kefir Based Recipes
(recipe, Robert Badgett)
This is easy to make and very satisfying to drink. Nutritious, too!
- ¾ cup ginger, peeled and finely chopped or grated
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ to ½ cup rapadura (natural organic sugar)
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ cup whey or kefir grains
- 2 qt. filtered water
- Scrape off peel of ginger. Grate the big chunks. Finely chop the small chunks. Use dull side of paring knife or a spoon to scrape off peel.
- Add all ingredients to jar and allow to sit at room temperature for 3-4 days, stirring or swirling a few times each day.
- Strain and refrigerate, and enjoy. It is good hot or cold. Gives a nice heat either way.