Top | Copyright Recipes (Private)
Smoky Fish Chowder
(recipe, Anna Conley)
From Real Simple magazine
- 8 oz. Spanish chorizo (cured sausage), thinly sliced
- 4 leeks (white and light green parts), cut into half-moons
- 1½ lb. Yukon gold potatoes (about 4 medium), cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 28.0 oz. can diced tomatoes
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 lb. skinless firm white fish (such as halibut or cod), cut into 2-inch pieces
- ½ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- In a large pot, brown the chorizo over medium-high heat, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, tomatoes (with their juices), 3 cups water, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are just tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the fish and simmer gently until opaque throughout, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the parsley before serving.