Top | Zanne Miller
Chicken Soup with Wild Rice and Mushrooms
(recipe, Zanne Miller)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1½ cups precooked wild rice
- 1 fist-sized bunch of fresh Italian parsley
- 1 qt. (32 ounces) chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Put the olive oil in a large (at least 4 quarts) stock pot. Over medium heat, sauté the garlic, onion, and mushrooms for several minutes, then pour in the chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes, until the vegetables are nearly cooked. Add the wild rice and simmer for another five minutes. Season to taste, then serve hot.
Variation: For an extra-savory variation on this soup, substitute 16 ounces packaged cream of mushroom soup for half of the chicken broth.