Top | Zanne Miller
Chicken Tortellini Soup
(recipe, Zanne Miller)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. fresh spinach
- 1 can (16 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 qt. (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 lb. fresh, dry, or frozen cheese tortellini
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Crusty bread and freshly grated Parmesan, for serving
- Put the olive oil in a large (at least 4 quarts) stock pot. Over medium heat, sauté the garlic for a few minutes. Add the spinach and the tomatoes, then pour in the chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes, then add the tortellini. Simmer until the tortellini float.
- Season the soup to taste, then serve hot, with crusty bread on the side. Pass the cheese at the table for sprinkling over the soup.