Top | Bluebird CSA
Honey Custard Pecan French Toast
(recipe, Bluebird Farmers Market & CSA)
This is a recipe from the Culinary Chef's Library at honey.com. We have adapted using our favorite James Family Farm Honey Oat Raisin Nut Bread from Bluebird CSA and Farmers Market. Busy Bee Honey Farm Local Honey is also available at Bluebird Market and is a nutrient rich and delicious alternative to syrup on French Toast.
- Honey 4 cups Busy Bee Local Honey, divided
- Milk 2 cups
- Eggs 12
- Cinnamon 2 tablespoons
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- Raisin Bread 24 slices, ¾" thick
- Unsalted butter As needed
- Pecans, roasted ¾ cup chopped(4-½ ounces)
- Beat together 1 cup honey, milk, eggs, cinnamon and salt; reserve in refrigerator. Just before service, put bread in honey mixture, turning to coat well. Allow bread to soak up liquid, turning once or twice.
- Brown 2 slices bread in hot butter over medium heat on both sides. Sprinkle each slice with ½ tablespoon pecans. Serve with ¼ cup honey on the side.