Top | Bluebird CSA
Rosemary French Onion Soup
(recipe, Bluebird Farmers Market & CSA)
Bluebird CSA Onions make a delicious and very nourishing onion soup for winter warmth. Use fresh rosemary from your CSA shares for added depth and flavor. http://www.bluebirdmarket.com
- 3 onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Red Wine, optional
- 4 cups, chicken or veggie stock or broth
- 4 cups beef stock or broth
- sea salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Rosemary
- 6 thick slices Crusty French Bread
- 1 cup sliced Gruyere cheese
- 1 cup sliced Mozerella cheese
- Saute onions in stock pot until just turning brown in ev olive oil.
- Add wine and cook until evaporated.
- Continue cooking onions in wine sauce until deep brown in color.
- Add broths and simmer with onions for 1 hour.
- Season with salt and pepper and Balsamic Vinegar.
- Place 6 oven proof baking dishes on a baking sheet.
- Place bread slice in bottom of bowl and divide onion soup between bowls.
- Cover with cheese and Broil 1-2 minutes until cheese bubbles and browns.
- Garnish with rosemary and serve hot.