Top | Bluebird CSA
Bluebird CSA - Rosemary Pecan Crusted Trout
(recipe, Bluebird Farmers Market & CSA)
CSA shares of fresh rosemary, bulk crusting blend spices, and Georgia pecans are used to prepare this dish. Here is a pic of the Jan. 23, 2010 share box.
Serve Rosemary Pecan Crusted Trout with Turnip Fries, Collard Greens and Honey Baked Apples using this week's CSA shares.
- 2 Tbsp. McCormick Rosemary Crusting Blend
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 T.fresh rosemary chopped
- 4 trout filets
- 1 cup chopped Georgia pecans, roasted for 5 minutes at 350 degrees
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Combine pecans, crusting blend and chopped rosemary in food processor and chop.
- Dip trout filets in egg wash
- With skin side up, press trout filets into pecan crusting blend.
- Heat olive oil in skillet and place filets skin side down into pan on medium high heat.
- Cook 3 minutes on each side or until opaque in center.