Top | Recipe Queue
Honey Apple Dessert Pizza by the Pizza Doctor
(recipe, Bluebird Farmers Market & CSA)
Fixing up foods for better health, the Pizza Doctor, invited us to a 'Fresh and Local Foods' Dinner Party. Using farm fresh apples and local honey, he prepared this deliciously simple fresh fruit dessert pizza.
- 1 flour tortilla, organic
- 1 fresh local apple, sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp. cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. local honey
- ½ t. dark cocoa powder
- ½ t. cinnamon
- Using a tortilla as the dessert pizza crust, spread 2 T. cream cheese across the top.
- Add thinly sliced apples to cover pizza.
- Drizzle with 2T. local honey.
- Dust top of apples with cinnamon and dark cocoa powder.
- Bake in 350 degree oven on pizza stone that has been lightly sprinkled with corn meal until apples begin to soften.
- Use pizza wheel to cut into slices and serve.