Top | salads
Joanna's quinola salad
(recipe, ann rooney)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- pinch sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 slices preserved lemon, pulp discarded & pith finely diced
- ¼ cup slivered pistachios (or almonds)
- handful of finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Put the quinoa and water in a pan, bring to the boil and reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a frying pan and saute the onion and garlic for 5 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- When the quinoa is cooked add the onion mixture along with all the other ingredients, season to taste and serve.