Top | Soups
Southwestern Black Bean & Jalapeno Soup
(recipe, Bluebird Farmers Market & CSA)
Hot Peppers are filled with Capsaicin which has healing properties. This Southwestern recipe for Black Bean Soup is used for the Bluebird Market Lunch dollar menu. It's affordable, delicious and nutritious.
- 2 cans of black beans
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 jars, crushed fresh tomatoes (farm fresh tomatoes)
- 2 tsp. chopped jalapeno chili pepppers, deseeded
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- chopped green onions
- chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. cheddar cheese Optional
- Heat oil in stock pot and saute onions.
- Mix in beans, tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, Chili powder, and broth and bring soup to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and top with green onions, sour cream, cheddar cheese and cilantro.