Top | Soups
Cuban Collard Green Soup
(recipe, Richard Clayton)
Nuovo Southern Cooking using a great ingredient to create a fusion recipe that is fun and brings your family together. This is a great winter soup that's light and zesty. When I first heard of collard green soup, I thought..."I don't wan't any of that." But, it turned out to be one of my favorite soups. The collards add color and a subtle flavor to a Charizo sausage and onion base. Http://DrRichardClayton.com
Watch me prepare the soup on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=289ZMVe1Cv8
- 1 large Package of Vigo Yellow Rice
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 package of Charizo sausage
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 new potatoes, diced (with peels)
- 1 can seasoned collard greens
- 2 cans chick peas
- 1 box of Swanson Vegetable broth
- Cook Rice according to directions on the package.
- Add Charizo sausage (squeeze out of plastic coating) to frying pan with olive oil.
- Add onion and potatoes.
- Cook over medium high heat until onions are clear.
- In a soup pot, add chick peas, collard greens and ½ box of vegetable broth and bring to boil then reduce to low heat.
- Add sausage, potatoes, and onions into soup pot and add remaining vegetable broth. Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Serve in a bowl over yellow rice.