Top | Holidays
Southern Caviar Collard Wraps
(recipe, Bluebird Farmers Market & CSA)
Like stuffed cabbage, these wraps are a delicious way to get 'All the Best' of healthy New Year's favorite dishes. http://www.bluebirdmarket.com
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups Southern Caviar (cooked Black Eyed peas in oil & vinegar dressing)
- 1 onion chopped, sauted
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 12 whole collard leaves cooked
- Optional: 1 lb. ground sausage, cooked
- Garlic & Olive Dipping Oil
- Saute onions and bell pepper.
- Stir together cooked wild rice and Southern Caviar Black-Eyed Peas.
- Add cooked onions to rice and peas.
- Optional, Add cooked sausage.
- Boil collard greens until tender and flexible.
- Place 2 teaspoons of filling onto whole collard green leaf.
- Wrap and tuck in edges.
- Serve with Garlic & Olive Dipping Oil