Top | Drinks, Smoothies, Teas
Georgia Peach Brandied Farm-Fresh Eggnog
(recipe, Bluebird Farmers Market & CSA)
At Christmas on our farm in Georgia, we served homemade Eggnog made from farm fresh eggs. For a celebration, we actually folded in homemade vanilla ice cream to the punch bowl of Eggnog...optional.
Add Georgia Peach Brandy for a warming winter toast to healthy happiness and all the best. This recipe makes a punch bowl of velvety smooth eggnog. See the steps here http://bit.ly/PeachBrandiedEggnog http://www.bluebirdmarket.com
- 2 doz. farm fresh Araucana or brown eggs, separated
- 1½ quarts, heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 qt. milk
- 3 Tbsp. vanilla bean extract
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 qt. homemade Peach Brandy
- whole nutmeg, grated
- Separate eggs and place egg whites in oil free mixing bowl. Beat into a fluffy meringue with soft peaks.
- Beat whipping cream while slowly adding 1 cup sugar until soft peaks form.
- Beat yolks with 2 cups sugar, milk, vanilla and grated nutmeg until light yellow in color.
- Stir brandy into yolk mixture to 'cook' the eggs. This mixture may be lightly heated on the stovetop to evaporate alcohol and leave the peach brandy flavor.
- Slowly pour egg yolk mixture into mixing bowl of meringue as you are mixing.
- Gently fold in whipped cream for fluffy Eggnog.
- If there is concern about uncooked eggs, the entire mixture may be gently heated (so as not to separate).
- Serve in mini demitasse cups and top with additional grated nutmeg.
- Toast to all the best of healthy happiness.