Top | Holidays
New Years Southern Caviar with Greens
(recipe, Bluebird Farmers Market & CSA)
Focus on a colorful beginning for a New Year promising prosperity and fortune by serving delicious farm fresh Southern Caviar with Greens.
- 1 bag of dried black eyed peas from the garden
- ½ cup each of red and green peppers
- ½ cup hot peppers, deseeded
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped fine
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Crystal Hot Sauce
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Sliced and marinated bell peppers and onions for garnish
- Slice thin the bell peppers and onions and marinate in the olive oil and vinegar dressing covered in plastic wrap in the refrigerator.
- Soak peas overnight. Cook until tender. Drain well.
- Chop remaining peppers, onion and garlic.
- Add peas to peppers and onion.
- Pour marinade over peas and peppers and stir.
- Adjust flavors with Crystal Hot Sauce, sea salt and black pepper.
- Serve with oven toasted tortillas on farm fresh cooked Collard Greens.