Top | Lucid Food
(recipe, Louisa Shafia)
We have Mexico to thank for the tangy flavor combination of cilantro, jalapeño, and lime, although this sauce complements all types of cuisines. Try pouring it over grilled chicken or fish for a zesty finish. Serve this sauce in the first hour after blending, when its color is brightest.
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 or 2 jalapeños, ribs and seeds removed, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 3 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Combine the cilantro, jalapeños, honey, lime juice, and olive oil in a food processor or blender and blend until liquefied. Taste and season with salt.
- If you prefer more heat, add another jalapeño and blend again.