Top | winter holidays
(recipe, Adriana Velez)
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. clove
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 box seedless raisins, ground (15 oz)
- 2 Tbsp. ground citron (candied citrus peel)
- powdered sugar (for garnish)
- 1. Mix the batter: Beat eggs with sugar until light. In separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt, clove, cinnamon, and pepper; mix well. Add raisins, citron and almonds; coat with spice mixture. Add egg mixture and stir. If sticky, refrigerate.
- 2. Make the cookies: Preheat oven to 375F. With floured hands, roll walnut sized balls of dough. Place 2 inches apart on buttered cookie sheet. Bake 10-13 minutes, until the cookies hold their shape but don't seem dry or hard. While hot, place in brown bag with powdered sugar and roll till coated.