Top | Bluebird Recipes
Farmers Market Focaccia Cooked on a Stone
(recipe, Bluebird Farmers Market & CSA)
Bob James of James Family Farm prepared garden veggie focaccia at the Bluebird Market Kitchen Show. Farmers Market Focaccia is made with a fresh herbed dough, Better Boy garden tomato sauce, and veggies from the garden or farmers market. It is a delicious and nutritious comfort food with seasonal veggie toppings and optional Bratwurst sausage. http//www.bluebirdmarket.com
- Fresh Herbed Focaccia Dough:
- 4 cups whole wheat bread flour
- 12 oz. warm (90 degrees) water
- 1 t. sea salt
- 1 t. dry activated yeast
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, oregano and basil- chopped fine
- 1½ t. rosemary, sage - chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Black pepper to taste
- Focaccia Toppings:
- 1 cup Better Boy tomato pizza sauce (or prepared sauce)
- ½ lb. Bratwurst sausage precooked and chopped (optional)
- ½ cup chopped garden zucchini
- ½ cup chopped garden yellow squash
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 sliced tomato
- ½ cup black olive slices (optional)
- ½ cup mushrooms (optional)
- ½ cup jalepeno peppers (seeds removed)
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Prepare the dough by activating the yeast in warm water then blending into the flour. Mix in the herbs until dough forms a round ball.
- Roll into an oblong oval for focaccia crust.
- Lightly saute veggies in olive oil.
- Layer veggies on outer rim of crust taking care not to place in middle.
- Top with cheese.
- Sprinkle cornmeal on pizza stone so no oils will be needed for dough to slide easily.
- Slide focaccia onto pizza stone that has been preheated in pizza oven or stove. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutues until dough is crispy.