Top | Recipe Queue
Secret Ingredient Chili
(recipe, Bluebird Farmers Market & CSA)
Farmer Bob uses his secret ingredient to make farmers market chili at the Bluebird Market Kitchen Show. The stewed tomatoes are a product of James Family Farm and available weekly at the Bluebird Farmers Market.
- 1 qt. jar of homegrown stewed tomatoes
- 1 32.0 oz. can Chili Beans
- 1 32.0 oz. can Kidney Beans
- 1 32.0 oz. can Tomato Puree'
- 1 large Vidalia Onion, sauted in olive oil with chili powder
- 1 lb. mild sausage, cooked with grease drained
- 2 lb. ground beef, cooked with grease drained
- 3 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- Open the cans of beans and tomatoes and add to stock pot.
- Add in precooked onion, sausage and ground beef.
- Add Chili powder.
- Bring to low boil on medium high heat.
- Serve with oyster crackers.